Measuring 62' x 19', Endview is a two story frame house with a raised half English basement. Built in 1769, the house is complemented by a yard area and surrounded by woodlands and fallow agricultural fields. Historic maps identify a smokehouse, kitchen, carriage house, barn, offices, and slave quarters nearby. These are now only identifiable archaeologically. The site also includes two 19th century graveyards, a 17th century dwelling site, an archaic Indian campground, and an Woodland Indian campground.
The original house was Georgian in design. Structures of this period were usually a simple box, one room deep, with doors and windows arranged symmetrically. Because of the draftiness of this plan, an entrance "passage" then evolved, which isolated the outside air from the living areas. Additional rooms could then be added off either side, as well as stairs to a second level. Typical of the Virginia "I"-house that had by then developed, Endview has a central passage flanked by two large rooms.
Endview's front faces almost due south, allowing heating from the sun during the winter. For summer cooling, the doors at either end of the central hallway and the numerous tall windows allow maximum air movement. Additionally, the downstairs ceilings are higher allowing the hot summer air to rise above the occupants' heads.
The basement has a two bay front with bricks laid in English bond with mortar joints. The original basement had a low ceiling and could be entered only from the outside. In the late 1850s, Humphrey Harwood Curtis had the basement underpinned (dug lower) to its current level and added the bulkhead entrance and the inside stairs. The main floor and the story above are post and beam construction with weatherboard sheathing. The first floor has a three bay front with two nine over nine double hung sash windows with plain wooden surrounds. The second floor has three windows, each which are six over nine double-hung sash. The house has a shingled gable roof.
Massive T-style end chimneys are located on the exteriors of the east and west elevations. The brick course pattern on the chimneys changes from English to Flemish bond. The chimney bricks are painted white. Photographic evidence indicates they were painted as early as ca.1890.
The north and south elevations feature one-story frame porches resting on brick piers. The porches have a shingled gable roof and an undecorated pediment supported by square wooden columns. Where the porch meets the house there are decorative wooden pilasters. A four-riser stairway that provides access to the porch from ground level.
The first floor has a central hall with one room on either side. The west room, measuring 16' x 18', contains a fireplace, chair rail, and cornice. The east room, measuring 12' x 18', also has a chair rail, cornice, and fireplace. The six paneled doors, fireplace mantels, and wooden floors appear to be original in these rooms.
The center hall, measuring 9' x 18', contains the main stairwell. At the top of the stairwell is a room that may have originally served as a storage closet or entranceway to the attic. The second floor mirrors that of the first story. The west room on the second floor contains original flooring and mantel over the fireplace. An inscription on its mantel reads, "BAND OF VETERANS FROM C 1 M R" which could be interpreted as Company C of the 1st New York Mounted Rifles (a cavalry unit from around Oneida, New York which was stationed at Endview).